To Our Valued Patients:
At Kirkland Family Dentistry, we put our patients’ health and safety first. As the COVID-19 pandemic dominates the news, we want to let you know the steps we are taking to protect our patients and staff and prevent the spread of infectious disease.
We are going above and beyond the recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and doing the following:
- Sanitizing the air with a hypochlorous fogging machine between every patient. This fog is non-toxic and kills the COVID-19 virus.
- Giving patients the option to wait in the car rather than the waiting room. Please let the receptionist know if you would like us to call you when we are ready for your appointment.
- Hiring dedicated staff whose sole job is to ensure our office is cleaned and sanitized, above and beyond state/federal/industry requirements.
- Screening patients for recent travel and symptoms of COVID-19 before they arrive in our office.
- Adding a temperature check to our regular pre-procedure patient assessment.
- Requiring staff’s temperatures to be taken every day.
- Requiring any practice employees or patients with influenza-like symptoms to stay at home for the safety of our patients and staff.
- Wearing enhanced protective gear during all dental procedures.
- Asking that all patients wear a mask at the office until instructed to take it off and sanitize their hands with the sanitizer provided upon check-in.
- Not bringing anyone else to a patient’s appointment without prior approval due to social distancing in the office and waiting room.
- Continuing with our usual rigorous disinfection and sterilization protocols.
- Adding additional cleanings of public areas, including our waiting room.
- Many more rigorous behind-the-scenes protocols to go above-and-beyond that which is mandated.
The safety of our patients and the dental team has always been our top priority. While we have always gone above-and-beyond the sanitation and safety protocols required, many new and intensive measures have been mandated due to the COVID-19 crisis. We have hired multiple new staff members exclusively employed to exceed these new mandates and have implemented many additional behind-the-scenes protocols for sanitation, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage, and safety.
We want to thank you for choosing Kirkland Family Dentistry and assure you that we are here to answer your questions and provide the dental care you need. We will remain open unless it becomes impossible for us to do so safely, and we thank you for your trust and cooperation in this difficult time.